Sunday, July 17, 2011

Ar tonelico 3~ Comments Part One



So yeah, I actually beat this game on the 3rd of this month ^^; Been busy and not really in the mood for commentary posts such as this but here we go now~ I will split my comments into more than one post. Cuz this will be long for more than one reason and I want to keep these relatively short for reading purposes and for my own sake in typing them up. So, I'll start off with my beefs with the game which some are probably obvious and we'll see where it goes from there.

Number one, the stripping. I mean, seriously. It added nothing game play wise and it just looked ridiculous. Not as much with the reyvateils I guess but it still was unnecessary in my opinion. Regardless of whatever storyline reason they had for it. The purging aspect is fine it's just how they went about it that I don't like. Never the less, I did my best to push past this aspect and enjoy the game for what it was. And I did I will say that. Very much so.

Second, freakin' hades NISA. Pretty much all yours games have a freezing issue. Luckily there was only one time when it did this that I lost alot of time on. Mainly cuz I saved like a crazy person all the time. And there's actually a trophy for this funnily enough xD And I got it too. But anyways, technical stuff and what not. It happens as usual.

Third, and not so much a beef with the game, the hymns. I don't know, I am not very much attached to the hymns in this game. I mean, with AT1 and 2 I knew the names and who sang them and why they sang them. Like what the purpose was and I loved them. I seemed to have lost this with this game to an extent. They do have some weird names. And storyline wise they went all over the place to me. But don't get me wrong at all. The soundtrack of this game is still freakin' amazing as always. And the hymns are good they just don't take hold of me as much. I didn't enjoy them as well if I'm being honest. But there are three hymns in this game that I absolutely adore:

Ec Tisia (with lyrics)

Ec Tisia ~Tarifa~ (with lyrics)

Song of the Revolving Star

The first two are at the end of the game. Ec Tisia being the ending song and a dang amazing one for the series as well. I mean, really. And you need to read the translated lyrics for this song because it really brings the ending into perspective in alot of ways. You need to see the second song's lyrics as well. Tarifa plays after the final boss fight and during the special scene with which ever RT you picked. Both are excellent hymns. And Ec Tisia kicks major butt just for the nostalgia factor that plays into it too xD But anyways, Song of the Revolving Star is one of Finnel's songs and you hear it when you beat her CS. It's excellent as well. And yes, Finnel is my favorite in this game~ Not in the series of course cuz Luca takes top prize period for that and always will ^_^

So anyways, provided the links for those songs with their lyrics plus translation. The same person made both videos and has a ton of translation vids like this for the Ar tonelico hymns. Check out their channel if you're interested. And for now, I will call this a post and work on comments for the next one. Not sure how many posts this will take but however many it takes to get out all my thoughts and comments I guess. Anyways, more AT3 stuff to come~

No comments:

Post a Comment